4.01.2010

Shed Some Light...

Our Seattle townhouse came with boring, impersonal hardware... the same light fixtures throughout, blah doorknobs and bathroom fixtures, etc.

Needless to say, I'd like to redo it all, but must tackle things one at a time. I've been eyeing this glass pendant light from Pottery Barn for awhile now. I think it'd be a good replacement for our dining room light, but I've also considered going the chandelier route. What do you think??

This dining room looks nothing like ours, but it gives you an idea of the size of the fixture...

Photos: Pottery Barn

I'm a little stumped... the price is right, but I'm always changing my mind & I'm not sure if this is the route we should take. Here are a few shots of our dining room during my birthday, just to give you an idea of what we're working with. (Of course, we don't always have the tissue flowers hanging around. ;)

Happy Thursday!!
xo,
Sal

7 comments:

  1. ok Sal. Here's what i think. you love them. go for it. if you move or redecorate i think giant light bulbs would look fab in an office...I mean study. Do they have green ones? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, TGIG!! :)
    I think one of these would be great in our kitchen/dining area, and I totally agree - it'd be perfect in an office or study later! No green ones, but they should make them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these are awesome! Only thing: Is the light really bright and harsh since the filament is bare? Test it out on and see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like these! They definitely fit the "Sally" aesthetic you have goin' in there now :) And if you're interested - here's a site I've been holding hostage that I adore for home decor: http://atwestend.com/
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Steff - I know, I was thinking that, too... maybe we would need to have dimmers installed at the same time!
    @Emelie - I'm glad you approve! And thanks for the link - I love that site!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE them - sooo amazing - they fit your aesthetic decor.
    The only drawback - coming from a house full of kids - I see a tennis ball, bat, or anything being throw and POOF, maybe a little dramatic! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... VERY good point, Nicole!! Looks like I'm still shopping. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts!! xo, Sally

Related Posts with Thumbnails