4.07.2010

Happy Heart Week - Part III: Move It!!

Okay, so I don't think I need to explain the benefits that exercise offers for heart health - but I will share a few of my favorite workout tips!!

Numero Uno: Wear something cute! I'll be the first to admit that I've gone on countless walks wearing my husband's T-shirts and a pair of cropped leggings. (Adorable, I know. ;) But if you can get something fun and a little bit chic to wear, I promise you'll be at least a wee bit more motivated to get out there!

Numero Dos: Shoes!! As a former shoe salesgirl, I am definitely an advocate for wearing the appropriate shoes for the occasion... There really are benefits to wearing the right shoe for your chosen fitness activity - and if you're a runner, get the Asics Gel Kayano! My fave running shoe of all time (it's actually great for walking, too:).

Numero Tres: My last tip of the day, but super important - stay hydrated! Use a reusable water bottle (I love Sigg, especially since they've rid themselves of BPA!) and drink up, before, during and after your workout... And, if you want to treat yourself to something really tasty, try Zico Coconut Water - a friend introduced me to it recently, and I'm hooked!!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE metromint water... SO refreshing! My fave is the spearmint. Yum! http://www.metromint.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this post! I'm so inspired and excited to check out this coconut water. mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Emelie - I'll have to try that - sounds delicious!! :)
    @TGIG - Yes, it's amazing... try the "Natural" - I wasn't big on the flavored ones. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts!! xo, Sally

Related Posts with Thumbnails