8.16.2010

A Peek at Our House - The Office

So, I've had a few people ask me to share photos of my own house, along with organizing and styling tips... it's been hard to work up the courage to post any, because I don't feel like it's pulled together enough to post on the internet for the world to see!!

Alas, since I am a bit of a perfectionist, I doubt I will ever think my house is "done" - hence, I will start sharing with you all now, right along with my plans and decor dreams for the future!

Since Monday always feels like back-to-work time, I thought I'd start with our home office. It is extremely small, so we've had to be creative in our use of space & storage.


Above: I love our Pottery Barn Bedford desk - it's the perfect size and the white feels so clean... the inspiration board is continually updated... we rotate between an exercise ball and this folding chair - not ideal for hours of editing pictures, but we have our eyes on the Herman Miller Aeron Chair! :) Below: I repurposed this adorable little pot as a pen holder - love the bright chartreuse! Below: I'm obsessed with pretty stationery, and I've always got a million notepads on hand to jot down ideas or lists... the hanging baskets from Ikea (got those on a tip from one of my sister-in-laws:) are a cute alternative to clunky plastic ones, and I love that they get the folders up and off the desk. Below: We found these magazine organizers at Ikea, too... of course, I have my Domino collection nearby at all times. ;)
We originally had a white version of this shelf in our office, which looked much cleaner, but I decided I had to have the white one upstairs, so we moved this one down... maybe we'll replace it one day!
I couldn't get a wide angle shot of the entire office, so here's a peek at the view out the window...

Okay, now you know where I work. :) Off to get something done now!!

Happy Monday!
xo,
Sally

7 comments:

  1. beautiful. simple. organized. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you come and do mine, please?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha... Sure, Mom! Let me just figure out my rates... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have all my favorites! White, green, and Domino. Love your blog...you have great taste. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. @spoonful - Thank you!!
    @ Julie - Thank you - and so do you! So glad I found your blog today. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts!! xo, Sally

Related Posts with Thumbnails